The members of Hackers & Designers put together a non exhaustive list of resources to build a better understanding of the current situation and actively help the fight against systemic racism. Through our network we want to support and distribute initiatives and resources, feel free to share too! And if you want to suggest anything add to our dedicated etherpad :)
- White supremacy culture by Tema Okun, an important text pointing at the characteristics of white supremacy culture in order to spot them and dismantle them.
- Lilith Mag an intersectional feminist platform in the Netherlands
- Reports by Sociaal Cultureel Planbureau: Discrimination and racism in NL Dutch report, April 2020 and English summary
- Gloria Wekker 'White Innocence', exploring a central paradox of Dutch culture: the passionate denial of racial discrimination and colonial violence coexisting alongside aggressive racism and xenophobia.
- Safiya Umoja Noble 'Algorithms of Oppression', a revealing look at how negative biases against women of color are embedded in search engine results and algorithms
- The Black Archives an historical archive of black emancipation movements and individuals in the Netherlands.
- Stichting Nederland wordt Beter, educational resources on the history and impact of slavery and colonialism, leading the Kick Out Zwarte Piet action.
- Black Queer Trans Resistance, countering racism, transphobia and homophobia through marches, intergenerational meetups and archival work
- Versal Journal put together a list of places to donate here in the NL.
- We Keep Us Safe Abolitionist Network has launch a series of workshops to train community members on how to care and protect their neighbors. Consider making a donation to the WKUS fund, an international fund that will support grassroots groups and community members who are severely impacted by the CoronaVirus and other crisis.
- National Bail Out is a Black-led and Black-centered collective of abolitionist organizers, lawyers and activists building a community-based movement to support our folks and end systems of pretrial detention and ultimately mass incarceration.
- School for Social Justice webinars via Everyday Feminism
- Erica Hart, a black queer femme activist, writer and educator proposes online courses.
- Jacuzzi has put together a series of embodied, conscious raising gatherings to explore how to be a better ally.
- Erica Hart
- Mitchel Esajas (kick out zwarte piet #kozp, black archives) and The Black Archives
- Flavia Dzodan, feminist writer and educator based in Amsterdam
- Ladipo Famodu, artist, researcher, futurist and alumni of HDSA2019 + Crowd funding for Ladipo to come study in Amsterdam
- Neema Guithere, guerilla theorist
- Wit Huiswerk (EN: White Homework) offers a lot of resources to learn about racism (in Dutch)
- Plot Twist, a literary collective based in Amsterdam, put together an amazing list of resources
- Fractured Atlas, a community of creative people, put together resources for white people to learn and talk about race and racism